Consignment - How it Works
We understand that at one time you loved the piece you are now consigning, but please note that sometimes there will be items we cannot accept. We are striving to carry in-trend, high-quality items– meaning anything from name brands like Aldo to high-end fashion. Please do not take it personally as there are many variables we must take into account when we are accepting items to consign.
- BY APPOINTMENT ONLY! Call to set up a date/time and we will do our best to accomodate
- Items accepted on a seasonal basis-Spring/Summer: March-August, Fall/Winter: September-February.
- We accept all sizes of women’s clothing, size 0-3X and Petite clothing.
- Accepted items may change with in-stock quantities and sales trends.
- All items must be clean and in new-like condition. Articles must be freshly laundered, pressed brought in on hangers (hangers will be returned), accessories in bags. Knits and jeans may be brought in shopping bags or bins. Shoes (no scuffs) and purses clean on the inside and all zippers in working order. Any items clothing presented in garbage bags will be automatically returned to you NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Please review your clothing carefully prior to bringing in your items to consign ensuring there are no stains, holes, pills or odours of any kind.
- When you drop off your items we will collect your contact information. When time permits we may go through items on the spot, but will require further inspection before final approval. We go through your items, judging them based on salability in our boutique.
- Any items that meet our criteria will then be accepted, and processed, and an itemized list with pricing emailed within 7 days. When an item is accepted we set the selling price of the piece
- We occasionally buy items outright and this can be a quick and easy transaction. Please notify us at the time of scheduling an appointment that you wish to sell outright. You make less than with consigning, however some people prefer this fast and final transaction. Please note that we are only interested in buying very high-end accessories and designer clothing.
Juniors: Abercrombie & Fitch, Aldo, American Eagle Outfitters, Anthropologie, Guess, H&M, Hollister, JCrew, Lord & Taylor, PINK, Theory, Urban Outfitters, Zara etc
Woman’s Labels: Aldo, Anne Taylor, Anthropologie, Aritzia, Banana Republic, BCBG, Calvin Klein, Cartise, Club Monaco, Coach, Cole Haan, Desigual, Danier Leather, DKNY, Ecco, Free People, Guess, INC., JCrew, Kate Spade, Lord & Taylor, Lucky Brand Jeans, Lululemon, Michael Kors, Macy’s, Max Mara, Miss Me Neiman Marcus, Nordstorm, Nine West, Olsen, Pennyblack, Roots, Rudsak, Roots, Sandwich, Steve Madan, Silver, Ted Baker, Vera Moda, Zara etc.+
We also accept brands from the local boutiques found in Thunder Bay.
Some of the labels we respectfully decline due to low resale value:
Aeropostale, Bluenotes, Fairweather, Garage, GAP, Old Navy, Hollister, Nevada, Ricki’s, Sirens, Smart Set, Suzy Shier, Superstore labels, Wal-Mart labels.
WHAT WE DO NOT SELL:
At this time, Déjà Vu does not consign, buy, or sell men’s clothing, children’s wear, lingerie, swimsuits, fur, nor any items from any lower end mall stores or any discount stores. Please keep in mind that we focus on high-end designer labels and boutique items not older than 3 years.
It is against the law to allow counterfeit items to enter the market place knowingly or unknowingly. If you are not absolutely sure your item is authentic, we cannot take it. Original receipts and packaging always help, if you have them.
All items must be clean and in new-like condition. Articles must be freshly laundered, pressed brought in on hangers (hangers will be returned), accessories in bags. Knits and jeans may be brought in shopping bags or bins. Shoes (no scuffs) and purses clean on the inside and all zippers in working order. Any items clothing presented in garbage bags will be automatically returned to you NO EXCEPTIONS.
Pricing-Most items are sold in stores at 25-60% of their retail price with certain exceptions made for items that are either in high demand, new with tags or classic pieces and limited edition pieces. Pricing and discounts are at the sole discretion of the store, however it is in both our mutual best interest to sell your items at the best possible price.
Payment-The Consignor payment occurs the 15th of the following month in which your item is sold. If the amount due to the consignor is less than twenty ($20) dollars, payment will not be made until the amount due is over twenty dollars, and will be paid with the next pay period.
We will only notify you by email if there is a cheque to be picked up at the store OR we can e-transfer the money to you. We do NOT issue cash payouts. You however have the option to apply your account credit towards any merchandise for sale in the store. If you choose to use money owing to you as a credit and receive 10% off your total purchase before tax.
The consignor will receive fifty (50%) percent of item sold $499 and under & sixty (60%) for items $500 & up based on final selling price, less any sales tax.
Your items will be sold for 90 days (3 months) selling at regular price for the first 59 days and then reduced to half price from 60 days to the end of your consignment period. Items that retain their value, will not be subject to this discount.
Items that were not accepted after further inspection MUST BE picked up after 1 week of being notified via email. If they are not picked up, they will be donated on your behalf (Teen Challenge).
At the end of the 90 day term, it is the consignor’s sole responsibility to contact us (email or phone) with regards to any unsold items. It is up to the consignor to retrieve any unsold items which must be picked up within 7 days after the expiration date, and during regular business hours. If items are not picked up by day 97, they become the property of Déjà Vu Consignment and will be further reduced OR donated to a local charity (Teen Challenge).